Monday 3 December 2007

Today's Readings

Yet more readings 4 today (Mon 3 Dec):

Matthew 8: 5-11
When Jesus entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him asking for help: “Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, in terrible anguish.” Jesus said to him, “I will come and heal him.” But the centurion replied, “Lord, I am not worthy to have you come under my roof. Instead, just say the word and my servant will be healed. For I too am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I say to this one, ‘Go’ and he goes, and to another ‘Come’ and he comes, and to my slave ‘Do this’ and he does it.” When Jesus heard this he was amazed and said to those who followed him, “I tell you the truth, I have not found such faith in anyone in Israel! I tell you, many will come from the east and west to share the banquet with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven..."

Isaiah 4: 2-6
At that time the crops given by the Lord will bring admiration and honor;
the produce of the land will be a source of pride and delight to those who remain in Israel.
Those remaining in Zion, those left in Jerusalem, will be called “holy,”
all in Jerusalem who are destined to live.
At that time the sovereign master will wash the excrement from Zion’s women,
he will rinse the bloodstains from Jerusalem’s midst,
as he comes to judge and to bring devastation.
Then the Lord will create over all of Mount Zion
and over its convocations a cloud and smoke by day
and a bright flame of fire by night;
indeed a canopy will accompany the Lord’s glorious presence.
By day it will be a shelter to provide shade from the heat,
as well as safety and protection from the heavy downpour.

0 comments:

Post a Comment