Tuesday 30 October 2007

What kind of person is Dr. M (Malaysia's ex-PM)?

He seemed a bit racist. This I got from his 2003 OIC Summit speech, and I quote:

"We Muslims are actually very strong, 1.3 billion people cannot be simply wiped out. The Nazis killed 6 million Jews out of 12 million. But today the Jews rule the world by proxy. They get others to fight and die for them...(they are) the enemy allied with most powerful nations." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahathir)

Now who can blame me if I call him racist? Except, of course, people who think he's right... and I've actually met one. A teacher, no less. Let's hope this teacher doesn't spread this type of idiocy around. Exactly why I think it's idiocy... let's talk about that later.

And he also seemed a bit of a hypocrite. I mean a person who says racism against the Chinese is bad but racism against Jews is ok ? What's that? And what about all those comments about Malaysia becoming a ploice state? Did he actually believe that Badawi can change a fully democratic country into a police state within a span of a few years? If Malaysia is indeed a police state, it's because Dr. M helped make it so... and Badawi is continuing his work.

But his daughter seems OK. And seems to love him very much. And that convinces me to give Dr M the benefit of the doubt. And besides, it's not Catholic to judge. And the state of Dr. M's soul is between him and God.

0 comments:

Post a Comment